The Carlton’s Quick Picks
Posted on by admin
Here are The Carlton’s Quick Picks for the week of November 9. Remember, you can always find more events on the Post-Gazette’s Event Calendar as well as the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s Calendar.
These are just a few of our favorites!
- Marvels of Modernism. This exhibit at the Andy Warhol Museum began last Friday and is a MUST SEE! This fascinating photographic exhibition explores gardens, landscapes and subdued transitions between indoors and outdoors. The project is as much about photography as it is about its landscape subjects: Kidney-shaped pools, boomerang curves, floating cantilevered decks, adventure playgrounds, sculptural Japanese maples and revolutionary new materials all melding modern forms with classic sensibilities.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes. This holiday favorite’s opening night is Wednesday, November 11 at the Benedum Center. It runs through December 6. It have yet to see these show, please GO, you will not be disappointed. The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is the perfect holiday gift for the whole family! Make it an evening out and visit us for dinner or a drink before the show. We offer complimentary limo service right to the Benedum, so you don’t even have to worry about parking!
- Pittsburgh Hires Job Fair. This is a great, FREE event presented by LocalHires on Friday, November 13 at the Doubletree Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh. Meet face-to-face with top employers at this job fair, which includes free resume reviews by two local career experts. The event begins at 11:00 a.m., so stop over for lunch to reward yourself for being so motivated!
- A Night at the Museum. Inspired by the 2006 film “Night At The Museum,” this fundraiser on Friday, November 13 at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History is a grown-up adventure where guests can visit the museum’s newly renovated Dinosaur Hall, the North American Wildlife Hall and a special viewing of The Hillman Hall Of Minerals & Gems. Tickets are $75 per person and proceeds benefit ACHIEVA/The Arc Of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals. Make sure to check out the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field on Sunday, November 15 at 1:00 p.m. Even if you don’t have tickets, head on over to the parking lot for a great tailgate with the some of the best fans in the country!
Make a Reservation
For over 30 years, we've been known as one of the best restaurants in Western Pennsylvania - but don't take our word for it. Stop by for lunch and dinner and find out for yourself. We look forward to seeing you! Make a Reservation