Headed to the beach for the end of summer? If so, remember that glass bottles can be cumbersome to carry and even dangerous if they break. Food and Wine Magazine suggests these wines to enjoy at the beach with their glass-free containers:
- 2008 Bandit Cabernet Sauvignon California – Lightweight, recyclable Tetra Paks
- 2008 Powers Cabernet Sauvignon Washington State – Available in three liter box
- 2010 Domaine le Garrigon Côtes-du-Rhône – packaged in attractive wooden box
We hope this helps you enjoy your vacation even more!
Don’t forget to join us tomorrow – Friday, July 26 – for our Buena Vista summer wine dinner!
Sample wines from California’s first premium winery founded in 1857 by the eccentric Agoston Harazthy, or “Count of Buena Vista.” The “Count” (played by character actor George Webber) will host the evening starting at 6:30 P.M.
The wines to be sampled include:
- Buena Vista Sonoma Chardonnay-Sauvignon Blanc ’12
- Buena Vista Carneros Chardonnay ’11
- Buena Vista Cabernet Sauvignon ’11
- Buena Vista Cabernet Sauvignon ’12
- Buena Vista “The Count” ’08
- Batasiolo Moscato ’11
This delicious selection will be paired with chef Simon DeJohn’s specially prepared menu of Watermelon and Crab Gazpacho, Lobster and Mango Stuffed Squash, Braised Short Ribs, Lamb Crepes “Manicotti” and Grilled Peach Mousse.
Tickets are $99 per person excluding tax and gratuity. We hope to see you there!
Click here to make reservations.
Kick off August by joining us for our Montevina Terra d’Oro Wine Dinner on Thursday, August 1 at 6:30 P.M.!
- Montevina California Pinot Grigio’12
- Terra D’oro Amador County Barbera’10
- Terra D’oro Amador County Sangiovese’10
- Terra D’oro Amador County Zinfandel’10
- Terra D’oro Amador County “Deaver Ranch” Zinfandel’11
- Terra D’oro Sierra Foothills Moscato’11
Executive Chef Simon DeJohn prepared a special menu to compliment the wines including Stuffed Prawns, Duck Trio, Wild Mushroom Tart, Veal Medallions with Eggplant, Peppers and Mozzarella, and Raspberry Orange Sabayonne.
Tickets are $89 per person – excluding Taxes & Gratuity.
We hope to see you there!
Click here to make a reservation.