Time for wine
After a long, cold winter everyone is more than ready for some pleasant weather. With the large amount of rain in April it is important to keep our spirits high and look forward to the warm months ahead. Winery Adventures has recommended Port for April. These fortified wines contain a higher alcohol content than regular wines and are commonly served after dinner. Below are the top five wine recommendations for April: “Port Wines”.
1. Old Tawny Port: Springhill Vineyards in Bloomfield, Kentucky. We’ve found that some terrific Ports come out of the state of Kentucky…but this is the best we’ve encountered anywhere! Very limited supply, so you’ll probably have to ask for a sample.
2. Any Port in a Storm: Raftshol Vineyards in Suttons Bay, Michigan. This light Port with flavors of black cherry is our favorite. A glass of this right before bed is warming and relaxing.
3. Port: Arrowhead Wine Cellars in North East, Pennsylvania. An excellent medium-bodied port. We have a bottle of this stored away waiting for the right moment.
4. Port: Mazza Vineyards in North East, Pennsylvania. We sensed chocolate and tobacco in this intense Port wine which would be wonderful for sipping after your evening meal.
5. Cynthiana Port: Wildside Vines in Versailles, Kentucky I couldn’t resist bringing home a bottle of this smooth, sweet Port made from the Cynthiana grape. I fell in love with it in the tasting room.