Time for Wine
It’s winter. Whether you love it or loathe it, you can warm up with a big hearty meal paired with a wonderful red dinner wine. Here are some January wine recommendations from WineryAdventures.com.
1. Red Zinfandel: The Winery at Raven’s Glenn in West Lafayette, Ohio. A delicious wine with a big, bold taste. The winery recommends pairing with roast beef, although we shared a bottle over a steak dinner.
2. Hopewell Red: Flint Ridge Vineyard in Hopewell, Ohio. A medium bodied blend with earthy aromas. Great with steak.
3. Kentucky Chambourcin: Acres of Land Winery in Richmond, Kentucky. An unforgettable semi-dry red with ripe fruit flavors. A great accompaniment to you meal.
4. Steuben: C.T. Miller Vineyards in Avella, Pennsylvania. A great Steuben that we find goes very well with Chinese food.
5. Syrah: Flint Hill Vineyard in East Bend, North Carolina. Aged over 10 months in French oak, this wine is a wonderful complement to steak or BBQ.