No plans this evening? Treat yourself and your family to some college hockey at the Mellon Arena! Robert Morris takes on the Miami RedHawks tonight at 8:00 p.m. It’s great to support all of our local and college sports teams, and Robert Morris has a great hockey club!
Tickets are fairly inexpensive, so head over and cheer on the Colonials. Stop by The Carlton Restaurant beforehand for a hot, delicious meal to warm you up before you head into the Igloo!
It’s winter. Whether you love it or loathe it, you can warm up with a big hearty meal paired with a wonderful red dinner wine. Here are some January wine recommendations from WineryAdventures.com.
1. Red Zinfandel: The Winery at Raven’s Glenn in West Lafayette, Ohio. A delicious wine with a big, bold taste. The winery recommends pairing with roast beef, although we shared a bottle over a steak dinner.
2. Hopewell Red: Flint Ridge Vineyard in Hopewell, Ohio. A medium bodied blend with earthy aromas. Great with steak.
3. Kentucky Chambourcin: Acres of Land Winery in Richmond, Kentucky. An unforgettable semi-dry red with ripe fruit flavors. A great accompaniment to you meal.
4. Steuben: C.T. Miller Vineyards in Avella, Pennsylvania. A great Steuben that we find goes very well with Chinese food.
5. Syrah: Flint Hill Vineyard in East Bend, North Carolina. Aged over 10 months in French oak, this wine is a wonderful complement to steak or BBQ.
These are just a few of our favorites!
Cirque Dreams Illumination. If you’re looking for a fun show for the entire family, head over to Heinz Hall this week from January 5th – January 10th for Cirque Dreams Illumination. This amazing show shows an all new journey of nighttime dreamers whose imaginations are ignited within a landscape of towering buildings and infinite possibilities. Stop by The Carlton for dinner and get a free limo ride to the show!
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Atlanta Thrashers. The defending Stanley Cup Champs play their first home game of the new year against the Atlanta Thrashers on Tuesday January 5th. Stop by the Carlton to help us cheer on the Penguins as they head towards another Stanley Cup!
Behind Our Scenes. The 34 individuals showcased in “Behind Our Scenes” are artists whose work ranges from museum customer service representative to curator, installer to art educator. Each has worked to coordinate both internationally renowned exhibits as well as local showcases celebrating Pittsburgh’s artistic diversity. Stop by Space on Liberty Avenue to check it out now through February.
Pittsburgh Improv Jam. Head over to the Backstage Bar in the Cultural District on Thursday, January 7th to check out this fun show featuring comics performing unscripted scenes in this fast & frenetic improv jam. Admission is only $3.00 and it plays every Thursday, so no excuses not to check it out!
Salsa Fridays. Work off that holiday weight by attending the Cabaret at Theater Square’s Salsa Fridays. The city’s best Salsa disc jockeys heat up the cabaret’s dance floor. Popular across Latin America, salsa music and dance incorporates multiple styles and variations. Dip, spin and dance your way all night long. Admission to this age 21+ event is $5 at the door and includes a free dance lesson. For more information, call (412) 456-6666.