WINE DINNER MENU
$129 per person excluding Tax & Gratuity
TWOMEY NAPA VALLEY SAUVIGNON BLANC’11
CHILLED POACHED SCALLOP SALAD
Pine Nuts and Citrus Vinaigrette
TWOMEY RUSSIAN RIVER VALLEY PINOT NOIR’08
CHARDONNAY STEAMED LOBSTER TAIL
Napa Slaw, grilled Pears, Champagne Vinaigrette,
spicy Macadamia Nuts and Cherry Syrup
TWOMEY NAPA VALLEY MERLOT ’06
Parsnip Puree, Poached Carrot in crisp Pastry with
Strawberry-Balsamic Pearl Onions and Cracked Mustard Cream
SILVER OAK NAPA VALLEY CABERNET SAUVINGNON’06
SILVER OAK ALEXANDER VALLEY CABERNET SAUVIGNON’07
RACK OF VEAL
Horseradish crushed Yukon Gold Potatoes
Roast Tomato-Caramelized Onion Chutney, French Beans, Herb Beurre Blanc
GLORIA FERRER BLANC DE NOIR NV
With Grand Marnier Custard Sauce
We are happy to announce that on Wednesday, October 17, we will be hosting one of our two October wine dinners! For this event, we are pleased to be presenting the wine of Silver Oak and Twomey.
Silver Oak, for 40 years, has produced delicious and distinctive Cabernets from its Napa Valley and Alexander Valley wineries. Led by winemaker Daniel Baron, Silver Oak uses only the highest caliber fruit and an extended aging process in order to create delicious wines that are eminently drinkable upon release.
Twomey Cellars’ 40 years of winemaking experience combined with its spirit of innovation has led to the creation of its delicious Merlot, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc. With wineries in Calistoga and Healdsburg California, the people of Twomey Cellars pride themselves in working small to create unique, approachable wines that you will enjoy with friends and family.
More information on this event will be posted on our website shortly, so keep checking back to our Events page for further details. We hope to see you there!
- The lip of a red wine glass is sloped inward to capture the aromas of the wine and deliver them to your nose.
- California has 847 wineries. Napa County is the home of 232 of them
- The wine industry generates 145,000 jobs in California.
- According to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, there are 100 calories in a 5-ounce glass of wine. Plus wine is a fat-free and cholesterol-free drink.
- Putting ice and kosher salt in a bucket will chill white wine or Champagne faster
- In terms of acreage, wine grapes rank #1 among all crops planted worldwide
- The scientific community and governmental and public health circles are becoming more and more convinced that moderate wine consumption is in fact associated with a number of positive health outcomes.
- Poor soil quality tends to produce better wines.
- Although red wine can only be produced from red grapes, white wine can be produced from both red and white grapes.
- The wreck of the Titanic holds the oldest wine cellar in the world and despite the wreckage and the depth, the bottles are still intact.
No need to get out your scuba gear, come on down to The Carlton Restaurant where we proudly offer an extensive inventory selected for your enjoyment at affordable prices!