- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add finely chopped onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth, white wine, and white wine vinegar; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in butter and fresh chives.
- Calories: 59
- Fat: 5.7g (sat 3.6g,mono 1.5g,poly 0.2g)
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Calcium: 8mg
Check out this wine-inspired recipe from allrecipes.com, and try something new with your wine!
1 cup red wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon paprika
1 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic in oil until tender. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
2. Drain oil from skillet. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and 1 cup brown sugar. Pour red wine around chicken. Cover, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes; lightly baste chicken with wine sauce while cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.