We hope you had a great Christmas! One of my favorite things about Pittsburgh, is that no matter what time of year it is, there are always so many fun and unique events in and around the city. Now that Christmas is over, here are som events to get you ready for News Year’s Eve and 2010!
1. DREAMGIRLS. You know you loved the movie, now see it on the stage at Heinz Hall starting Tuesday, December 29! CATCH THE DREAM! Direct from the world famous Apollo Theatre in New York City, DREAMGIRLS tells the rags-to-riches story of a 1960s Motown girl group and the triumphs and tribulations that come with fame and fortune. With music by Academy Award® nominee Henry Krieger and book/lyrics by Tony® and Grammy®-winning Tom Eyen, DREAMGIRLS features the unforgettable hits “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going,” “One Night Only” and “Listen.” Broadway director/choreographer Robert Longbottom and co-choreographer Shane Sparks (TV’s So You Think You Can Dance), re-envision DREAMGIRLS so it sparkles like never before! Join us at The Carlton beforehand for dinner and enjoy a free limo ride to the show!
2. Noon Year’s Eve Celebration. What better way to get the kids involved in New Year’s than with a NOON YEAR’S EVE Celebration at the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium?! Ring in the New Year with the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium and Radio Disney. Come to the PPG Aquarium from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for a Noon Years Eve Celebration of Time Square proportions. Count down to 12 o’clock noon with Radio Disney disc jockeys, make noise makers and party hats, enjoy live entertainment, and help count down for a special ball drop. Also perfect for those of us have a hard time staying up until midnight (not me, of course!)
3. First Night Pittsburgh. Join your fellow Pittsburghers on New Year’s Eve throughout the Cultural District for Pittsburgh’s biggest New Year’s Eve celebration. Enjoy the grand First Night parade, plus an eclectic showcase of live music, dance and entertainment. Kids young and old will delight in this festive evening. The celebration concludes with spectacular fireworks and the exciting First Night finale, The Future of Pittsburgh, Countdown to Midnight, courtesy of Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. If you need to warm up, visit us at the Carlton for a cocktail and/or meal!
4. Gateway Clipper New Year’s Eve Cruises. For a different kind of New Year’s, join the Gateway Clipper Fleet for one of three spectacular New Year’s Eve Cruises! Enjoy live entertainment, food and beverage, and the beautiful view of Pittsburgh!
5. Make a New Year’s Resolution. What’s yours going to be for 2010?