Calamari is one of the most popular appetizers in restaurants across the world (including ours)! The word calamari comes from the Italians and refers to squid. The squid belongs to the class of sea animals known as the cephalopods. They can range in size from a few inches to several feet. The largest squid ever found and recorded was one that weighed over 1000 pounds. As a food source, it is very rich in selenium, vitamin B12 and riboflavin. This interesting and yummy offering is one that many people enjoy and we love to serve golden and crispy with homemade Tomato Basil and Parmesan. YUMMY! Try some today!
- The lip of a red wine glass is sloped inward to capture the aromas of the wine and deliver them to your nose.
- California has 847 wineries. Napa County is the home of 232 of them
- The wine industry generates 145,000 jobs in California.
- According to the U.S. Dietary Guidelines, there are 100 calories in a 5-ounce glass of wine. Plus wine is a fat-free and cholesterol-free drink.
- Putting ice and kosher salt in a bucket will chill white wine or Champagne faster
- In terms of acreage, wine grapes rank #1 among all crops planted worldwide
- The scientific community and governmental and public health circles are becoming more and more convinced that moderate wine consumption is in fact associated with a number of positive health outcomes.
- Poor soil quality tends to produce better wines.
- Although red wine can only be produced from red grapes, white wine can be produced from both red and white grapes.
- The wreck of the Titanic holds the oldest wine cellar in the world and despite the wreckage and the depth, the bottles are still intact.
No need to get out your scuba gear, come on down to The Carlton Restaurant where we proudly offer an extensive inventory selected for your enjoyment at affordable prices!