Here are The Carlton’s Quick Picks for the week of November 9. Remember, you can always find more events on the Post-Gazette’s Event Calendar as well as the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s Calendar.
These are just a few of our favorites!
- Marvels of Modernism. This exhibit at the Andy Warhol Museum began last Friday and is a MUST SEE! This fascinating photographic exhibition explores gardens, landscapes and subdued transitions between indoors and outdoors. The project is as much about photography as it is about its landscape subjects: Kidney-shaped pools, boomerang curves, floating cantilevered decks, adventure playgrounds, sculptural Japanese maples and revolutionary new materials all melding modern forms with classic sensibilities.
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes. This holiday favorite’s opening night is Wednesday, November 11 at the Benedum Center. It runs through December 6. It have yet to see these show, please GO, you will not be disappointed. The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is the perfect holiday gift for the whole family! Make it an evening out and visit us for dinner or a drink before the show. We offer complimentary limo service right to the Benedum, so you don’t even have to worry about parking!
- Pittsburgh Hires Job Fair. This is a great, FREE event presented by LocalHires on Friday, November 13 at the Doubletree Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh. Meet face-to-face with top employers at this job fair, which includes free resume reviews by two local career experts. The event begins at 11:00 a.m., so stop over for lunch to reward yourself for being so motivated!
- A Night at the Museum. Inspired by the 2006 film “Night At The Museum,” this fundraiser on Friday, November 13 at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History is a grown-up adventure where guests can visit the museum’s newly renovated Dinosaur Hall, the North American Wildlife Hall and a special viewing of The Hillman Hall Of Minerals & Gems. Tickets are $75 per person and proceeds benefit ACHIEVA/The Arc Of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals. Make sure to check out the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Cincinnati Bengals at Heinz Field on Sunday, November 15 at 1:00 p.m. Even if you don’t have tickets, head on over to the parking lot for a great tailgate with the some of the best fans in the country!
Here are The Carlton’s Quick Picks for the week of November 2. Remember, you can always find more events on the Post-Gazette’s Event Calendar as well as the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership’s Calendar.
These are just a few of our favorites!
- Wednesday Wine Flight: Passport to Portugal. On Wednesday, November 4, Chef Toni Pais, Cafe Zao, takes you to his homeland for a celebration of Portuguese wine (sampling of four wines), plus light appetizers and panel presentation. Dessert, coffee and full bar available after the show (not included in ticket price). The event takes place at the Cabaret at Theater Square and Backstage Bar. Click here for more information.
- Holiday Lunch Cruise. Get on the Gateway Clipper Fleet for a Holiday Lunch Cruise starting on Wednesday, November 4 and running through Friday, December 18. Come aboard for a festive afternoon of holiday cheer featuring our delicious holiday buffet, festive city sights and joyous songs of the season. Come aboard for a festive afternoon of holiday cheer featuring a delicious holiday buffet, festive city sights and joyous songs of the season.
- Unblurred: First Fridays on Penn. “Unblurred” is a monthly event that opens the Penn Avenue Arts District for exploration by adults and children. This month’s “Unblurred” boasts a jam packed schedule and showcases events at Dance Alloy Theater and the new the Irma Freeman Center For Imagination.
- Titanic. This weekend visit the Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall for a local staging of the Tony winning musical featuring a moving story and powerful score about the people enduring one of the world’s most famous tragedies. Presented by Stage 62. For show times and tickets, call 412.429.6262.
- Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Syracuse Orange. Of course, we have to have a sport for you fanatics out there. Get out and support our local college football team the Panthers as they take on the Syracuse Orange at Heinz Field on Saturday, November 7. Get your tickets here or stop by the Carlton and watch it with us!
There’s always something to do in the city and sometimes there’s TOO much to do! At The Carlton, we love every type of Pittsburgh event – from sports to cultural shows and family friendly events, we embrace it all! Every week, we’re going to give you our Quick Picks for the week – these are just SOME of the events going on in town that we think you’ll really love. So let’s get it started with this week’s Quick Picks!
- Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens. Sports fans, you don’t want to miss this week’s match up between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday, October 28. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. at the Mellon Arena and tickets can still be found on the Penguin’s Ticket Exchange. We always have a great pregame at The Carlton before home games because we are so close to the arena. So stop over for a beer before making your way to the game or, if you don’t have tickets, we’d love to watch the game with you right here from our top-notch bar!
- Kennywood Fright Nights. If you have yet to get to Kennywood for their Fright Nights, you are missing out. This is the last week for their Halloween themed rides and haunted houses (voted one of the best in the country!) and a year is a looooong time to have to wait to get to experience this fun Halloween activity!
- Ella at the O’Reilly Theater. Ella Fitzgerald is the greatest jazz singer of all time and this show will transport you to the French Riviera and one of Ella’s most thrilling concerts! November 2 is the last day to see this fantastic show, so get moving! Remember, we offer complimentary limo service to all Downtown shows, so make it a date and come for dinner at The Carlton before heading to the theater!
- Nautical Nature Fall Foliage Cruise. Cooler weather means it’s time for Fall and the fabulous changing of the trees! There’s nothing like it, especially in Pennsylvania, when those trees change from green to orange, yellow and red! Take it all in for yourself on the Nautical Nature Foliage Cruise in Moraine State Park in Butler County (about 40 minutes north of the city.) The drive is worth it – for only $5 you can take a ride on the Nautical Nature, a 45-passenger enclosed pontoon boat, to learn about the park’s history and osprey reintroduction while appreciating the unique scenery and wildlife. It only runs this coming weekend.
- BNY Mellon Grand Classics. This series features the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (PSO) performing some of the best works created classical music’s most legendary composers. This weekend, spend Halloween hearing one of the great masterpieces of all time, Hector Berloiz’s “Symphonie Fantastique”. For show times and tickets, call 412.392.4900.